The Buckham Fair Best Rescue/Rehomed Championship was started in 2012. From an idea of Mrs Diana Clark and adapted by Mrs Rosemary Young, the competition was launched.
Both ladies support the rehoming of dogs to give them a second chance of a good life. Diana says that “any dog that has been rehomed, is already a winner”.
Qualifier rounds are held at fun or companion dog shows in Dorset, Somerset, Devon and Hampshire. The competition is open to every dog or bitch, Pedigree or Cross breed, that has be rehomed. Judges award up to 4 qualifier tickets to each show and the holders of the tickets attend the Championships at Buckham Fair Pony and Dog show. The show is held every year on the Sunday before bank holiday weekend in August.
Qualifier tickets are not necessary given to the saddest story. Judges take into consideration the following:
- the condition of the dog according to the time owned
- the problems (both mental and physical) that they have, or are in the process of being addressed,
- the benefits that the dog has brought to the owner and family
The competition has been kindly sponsored from the start by Kitson and Trotman Solicitors as well as Girling and Bowditch Veterinary Practices. As the popularity of this competition grew they were joined in 2015 by Jackson Stops and Staff National Estate agents.
With the help of these 3 sponsors the Best Rescue team are proud to be able to offer you prize money to 6th place.
As listed below, prize money goes only to UK-based registered dog-charities who have been approved by the organisers.
- 1st place £350 to an approved charity £25 to the owner
- 2nd place £200 to an approved charity £20 to the owner
- 3rd place £150 to an approved charity £15 to the owner
- 4th place £100 to an approved charity £10 to the owner
- 5th Place £50 to an approved charity £5 to the owner
- 6th place £50 to an approved charity £5 to the owner.
Full listing of last years winner can be found on the results page.
All Best Rescue Championship enquiries: Helen Freeman on 07976 968 885 or on email email@example.com