To celebrate our 10th anniversary of Buckham Fair, we’re attempting something spectacular – and we need your help! This year, Buckham Fair will attempt a Guinness World Record by having 200 dogs sitting simultaneously for 30 seconds, on command.
It sounds simple…. it’s anything but!
But we know we can do it – with your help!
Want to take part? Here’s what you need to know:
- You, as the handler, will need to be over the age of 18 years old.
- Your dog will need to be able to sit on command, and stay sitting for 30 seconds.
- Although they can be on a lead, you will need to drop the lead for the entire duration of the attempt – so you’ll need to be confident in knowing that your dog will be able to focus on you, while being in close proximity to other dogs, and distractions!
- To prevent distraction and aggression (from other dogs), we strongly advise that you not take any treats into the ring with you – so that you don’t pose a temptation to other dogs that will want to come and investigate!
- Your dog will need to be over 12 months old.
Still think you can do it?
- The record attempt will be taking place at 13:30 on Sunday 19 August, 2018, at Buckham Fair – in a special ring.
- There will be a special Guinness World Record registration tent available in the morning from 10am – 12:30 onwards, where you can register to take part. A special Registration blue gazebo (for this event only) will be set up on the dog show field, lower end near our Dog Village. Signage and stewards will be in place.
- Because this is a very closely-observed attempt – with many independent adjudicators being part of the event, you will need to make sure that you’ve read the terms and conditions really carefully. Access them here! You’ll also be given a copy to read and sign on the day of the attempt, to ensure that you know exactly what you’ll need to do.
We will have many people around to help get you set up and ready.
- Entries are only being taken on the day of Buckham Fair. Registration will start from 10am in the Guinness World Record registration tent. (This is not the same registration tent as for all the other dog shows on the day).
- Entry forms can be downloaded HERE – but you will need to bring it with you on the day of the event. Forms will be available on the day too.
- Make sure you read all the detail about the attempt, as well as the Terms & Conditions by clicking here.